Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Remember...

Until about a month ago, I had been worrying about all the items theknot.com and my wedding planner have been telling me to worry about, i.e. the venue, church, decor, photographer, wedding dress, bridal accessories, honeymoon, etc. To my surprise, I came to the realization that Walt Disney had taught me that one day, I would meet Prince Charming and get married wearing a white long dress. However, W.D. had not prepared me for all the thing that can happen between the "and they fell in love", "they got married", and "they lived happily ever after."
When planning a wedding, it is extremely easy to get caught up in little details, trying to make everyone happy, family drama, and to forget what really matters. During this time, I have found that checklists lack a very important element that is not found on any checklist, and that is, to Remember. It is crucial to remember to ask yourself, what is truly important? And most importantly, why one is planning the wedding.
Thus far, the wedding planning process has been a journey that has taught me life lessons.

What I have learned:
  • There is only one person responsible for a person's happiness, one's self.
  • Have faith
  • To give my fiance more credit. I never thought how many opinions and great ideas he had that have made it easier. The best part is that the final product would be a reflection of both, it will be Our Wedding.
  • There will be drama! There are two options: to be mad or to embrace the process. Use the bumps on the road to lean on each other and to learn about each other.
  • Choose your battles.
  • Remember what the moment is truly about, no matter what.
  • Turn the page onto a new chapter in life, a new chapter written by the bride and groom.

Love,
FN

Special thanks to: My fiance, my future in-laws, my grandma, and Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment